Monday, June 20, 2011

Borsha Kaal Eshe Gaelo





The monsoon has arrived! Though the rains started when we got to Kolkata on Tuesday, and came for a few hours every day, it wasn’t until Friday that we realized how forcefully the monsoon was upon us. Friday brought the heaviest rains Kolkata had seen in a decade. More than 15 centimeters fell in 24 hours, and the rain was constant for about a day and half. Some of you may have seen my blog last year about the flooded streets near my school last year. Well this was even worse. Luckily I didn’t have to walk through it to get to school, as AIIS sends a car to pick me and two of the other students up each morning, because I live so far and because they’re on the way from my place to the school. When we arrived, the streets were not yet flooded. But by the time class was over that day, the streets had turned into rivers. I went crazy taking pictures of it, so I’ll let the photos speak for themselves.

No comments: